Pete Berry
Senior MemberPosts: 2,087
Like?
Re: 13x19, 17x22 ready fit framing options
In reply to designdog, Mar 5, 2013

designdog wrote:

OP here once more.

Man, I can't seem to express what I am after, so I will do it in baby steps:

1. buy a frame that is 13x19 or 17x22 (preferred)
  2. take it apart
  3. put in a mat that is also 13x19 or 17x22, that has a cutout (or whatever the correct term is), of, let us say, 2 inches into the mat, or 11x17, 15x20 as an opening
  4. print, on the 13x19 or 17x22 sized Epson paper, an image that corresponds with the opening — leaving a 1/4" bleed
  5. put it back together, including the mat and the image (no tape, everything fits)
  6. hang it, then redo the process with a different photo in a few months.

Maybe the cutting and taping is a lot easier than I am making it out to be, to the extent that no one really does it the way I am describing...

Yeah, that's what I finally came up with as a poss. three days ago. I think what threw me was your 2nd post with "cut a mat" in the "Not" list.

"Maybe the OP plans on using a single mat with small margins and just replacing the print periodically. I can see the utility of this, as if the paper fits snugly (but not too snuggly!) in the frame, hinging/acrylic corners or other fixation to back or mat are not needed."

The 17x22 size sounds intriguing - might give it a go, as 15x20 image size fits my 4/3 ratio images perfectly, and switching out simple as it could be.

PB

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow