Started Mar 5, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
eli85
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
nex f3 or nex 3n for $500 budget?
Mar 5, 2013

I'm canon t2i user, and i'm not professional. For me i choose the dslr just because of the low light photography and great image quality compared to compact camera. I was thinking to jump from canon to sony nex to get an portable camera for family shot and travelling.

Sometimes i was thinking dslr for family gathering might be overkill, most of the time my dslr just keep in the bag collecting dust.

I have been searching around and found that the sony nex f3 selling at $500 with one extra battery, but in the same time i have read the nex 3n will be available on this coming april. I have tried lumix lx5 before and found the hand grip are smaller than my prefer, have tested the nex f3 in camera shop and found the hand grip is very comfortable even if i'm shooting with one hand only.

That's a few things i've concern and confused =..=":

nex f3:- bigger hand grip which i like it the most, but also come with a bigger lens 18-55mm. which make the overall size similar to canon dslr.

nex 3n:- heard that have a new selective noise deduction come from a99, which i hope it would improve low light IQ. 3n also come with 16-50mm pz lens (is this better than 18-55?). but i'm not sure how is the hand grip compared to nex f3. would this camera be too small to hold firmly?

nex f3 and 3n if they are selling exactly the same price $500, which one you guys will choose? any input? i have been struggling on this matter over a week.

Kindly share your opinion and enlight me, many thanks.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow