Like?
Re: Use PK to print on matte paper
In reply to jtoolman, Mar 5, 2013

jtoolman wrote:

Petruska wrote:

Kurt Sonderegger wrote:

Petruska wrote:

Kurt Sonderegger wrote:

Thanks for the reply Bob. This morning I did another nozzle check and still nothing. I checked the ink level in the PK cart and it was fine so not knowing what else to try, I did another head cleaning and all but a couple nozzles were firing now:-) I did a second head clean and everything is back to normal now. I don't know how I could have had that many nozzles actually clogged with ink and I suspect it did have something to do with losing prime or getting air into the lines. I haven't had to do a head cleaning for many months now and maybe enough grime had collected to cause this problem. I'll probably never know but I am a little gun-shy about switching the black inks now. Fortunately I am using Inkjetcart inks and so the ink usage to do head cleans doesn't hurt so much.

Thanks again for the reply.

Kurt

I'm like you and really never use MK, I know my MK is going to clog in the lines so I will most likely never switch from PK to MK for the life of the printer as I don't want that old clogging MK ink to ever flow in the print head. I rarely print on matte paper and when I do I use my PK with very good results.

Bob P.

That's a great point about using PK to print on matte paper. I had never thought of it but I'm going to try it next time. Thanks once again Bob.

Kurt

Kurt,

Remember that if you choose matte paper as the Media it will trigger the PK to MK switch so I just choose semi-gloss and use the matte paper with PK ink.

Bob P.

Bob, do you find that using PK on Matte paper give you deep enough blacks? I find that it does not. Remember the CONE Dye K3 PK and MK comparizon I did? The MK produced much deeper blacks than the PK.

Not really needed when printing on Glossy of Luster but PK will produce weaker blacks on Matte.

This has been my experience so far.

Joe

Joe,

It's quite good, obviously it won't be as dark as PK on gloss/luster/satin paper.  Actually all the ink colors are a going to be a little weaker on the matte paper and the PK tracks that change.

Bob P.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow