Samsung could kill the competition in 2013

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Draek
Senior MemberPosts: 2,028Gear list
Like?
Re: Samsung could kill the competition in 2013
In reply to tecnoworld, Mar 5, 2013

HAHAHA! no.

Now, here's the thing with Samsung: quality? they've got it. Their ST line is well-specced and has quite the favorable reviews in the el-cheapo digital market. Their WB line is *also* well-specced and well-reviewed in the travel zoom market. Their EX line is... seriously, don't get me started, because I'm the biggest fanboy of the Schneider-Kreuznach that graces my EX1, and for good reason. The NX line is... well, yeah, kind of weak at high ISO, but at low ISOs some tests have even put Samsung's 20Mpx sensor ahead of the NEX-7, which is just nuts; PanaOly has nothing close, and the less said about CaNikon's offerings in the area, the better.

Now... which one of the above lines is commercially successful, enough to be considered among the "big boys" of the segment? riiight.

Want me to believe Samsung is poised to take over the digital camera market? get me news of a  revamped marketing department, with the reincarnation of Steve Jobs at the head. Good products are not a surprise, and as history shows, certainly not enough.

Draek's gear list:Draek's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Samsung TL500 Canon PowerShot A1200 Sony Alpha DSLR-A390
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow