After one year with D7000 and service poitn check-up, still having problems with sharpness!

Started Feb 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
scokill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,467Gear list
Like?
Re: After one year with D7000 and service poitn check-up, still having problems with sharpness!
In reply to morel22, Mar 5, 2013

morel22 wrote:

scokill wrote:

Hope you don't mind, but they really aren't that bad. I did a quick sharpen (perhaps too much), boosted saturation, and denoised the background. Someone with better PP skills than me could probably make much better. Took 1 min or so.

But I think you've received some good advice.

Thanks for the PPed image..

I'm aware of the possibilities available with PP.. I use LR4 and I develop all of my photos there..

I was amazed though by the image you did! Maybe a little oversharpened but how did you achieve all that sharpness without any artifacts? Specially given that it's a JPEG as well..

Denoising the background is also new to me.. It's not there on LR is it not?

I use CS5 and have an action called MCP high definition sharpening.  It creates a new layer and you can adjust the opacity to reduce the sharpening to your liking.  It works well and is quick, but I use a combination of USM and high pass filter too.

I'm by no means an expert but the background looked a little rough so I created a new layer with the subjects masked and ran my noise ninja plug in on low setting.  I use it to smooth out skin every once in awhile and just used it on the background.  I'm sure there are more complicated ways to do it, but I'm for simple.  I have the LR plug in, and I know there is noise reduction, but not layers and masks.  I'm not that knowledgeable about the stand alone version.

scokill's gear list:scokill's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
EXIFNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow