ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TTMartin
Senior MemberPosts: 5,461Gear list
Like?
Induro Tripod AT-313 vs AT-413
Mar 5, 2013

No, I'm not getting a Gitzo!

I'm debating between purchasing the Induro Tripod AT-313 or AT-413.

Has anyone compared the two in person?

Is the point where the legs attach the same on both tripods, or is the AT-413 heavier duty?

I'm planning on using this with a Canon 7D, Manfrotto 393, and either a Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 or Sigma 150-500 OS. I figure these added up weigh around 13 lbs.

The AT-313 is rated for 33 lbs, the AT-413 is rated for 44 lbs.

The price difference and the weight difference isn't significant, if the whole AT-413 tripod is heavier duty, if it's just the legs that are heavier duty, and the parts that move and lock are the same, I'd probably prefer the AT-313.

I also considered the AT-214 which is a 4 section rated for 22 lbs, but, I already have a carbon fiber tripod rated for 15 lbs, for when I want a lighter more portable tripod using smaller lenses.

I've narrowed down to these tripods as I like the twist lock legs, over the lever locks. Also, these are priced right for the rated capacity.

TTMartin's gear list:TTMartin's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 (2000) Canon PowerShot SD1000 Canon EOS 400D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS M +23 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow