Just ordered RX100..first Sony ever.

Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Travels4Food
Junior MemberPosts: 48Gear list
Like?
Re: Just ordered RX100..first Sony ever.
In reply to kcamacho11, Mar 4, 2013

Travels4Food wrote:

I'm totally smitten with this camera, and I still have so much to learn.

Rather than the bulky leather case for better grip, I bought Richard Franiec's metal alloy grip made especially for the RX100, and I LOVE it. Also, there are a lot of threads regarding cases, but so far, Amazon's Tenba Mixx Pouch (large) is my favorite by far - it fits the camera perfectly, adds no weight, comes with a shoulder strap, and is water-resistant.

Have fun!

Beautiful picture.

I looked up that grip you mentioned and it looks amazing. Was it difficult to put on and is it nice and firm? I am interested in purchasing it. It looks like it will help me a lot, since I have large hands.

The Franiec grip is extremely strong, looks like the camera was built with it, and is easy to apply if you follow his (extremely detailed) instructions closely. It sticks on with very strong double-sided tape that bonds more as its on longer, but if necessary, it can be removed, re-taped, and re-set. I truly love what it did for the camera.

Travels4Food's gear list:Travels4Food's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow