Samsung could kill the competition in 2013

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jorginho
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,312Gear list
Like?
Samsung kills no one
In reply to tecnoworld, Mar 4, 2013

If I am correct they have shown what they are made of at least to my mind, with giving the NX300 no EVF again. No, they give it ANDROID. Many photogs did not chose Samsung because they said it was not a photocam company. In my view, this has proven to be correct. Because what is lacking are things that have everything to do with the photographic department of the camera's:

- No EVF for the NX-xxx/xxxx series. NX300 seems to lack one, like I said...
- Poor JPEGs
- The extremely huge file thing and subsequent lock ups or at least very long waiting before you can shoot again
- NO IBIS but introducing kitlenses that do not have OIS either (a minor quibble may be)
- Virtually no possibility to mount lenses via an adapter (look at Sony and also m43 cams!)

On the photographic side to my mind there is nothing that sets Samsung cams apart. Also, the videodepartment is not too good either.

Nikon, Sony, Panasonic and Olympus all have their USPs. I simply can't see them in Samsung. If they revolutionise their productline for photographers, that would be very welcome and a good step in the right direction. But with this trackrecord, it is certainly not enough to convince masses to buy a Samsung mirrorless. I think the best papers are for Nikon, Canon and behind them Sony and Olympus. Panasonic is not really doing enough lately in my view. Like Samsung, they are at a disadvantage everstill because they are less considered to be a photocam company.

Jorginho's gear list:Jorginho's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow