Strange Colour Issues in SPP - Help needed

Started Mar 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gary-UK
Regular MemberPosts: 265Gear list
Like?
Re: Strange Colour Issues in SPP - Help needed
In reply to Gary-UK, Mar 4, 2013

I tried using Windows own calibration and it helps tone down the colours a great deal. There is still a difference between viewing the image in a colour managed app and viewing it in Windows Image viewer. I still prefer the Windows Image viewer. If I set the colour profile back to the Spyder one, the colours become more saturated and yellow. The contrast is also greater. Am I to assume the Spyder is giving an incorrect colour profile? Or is it setting the wrong gamma?

I may have to move this to the PC Software forum as it's clearly not a Sigma issue.

Here are the images showing Windows calibrated (top) and Spyder 3 calibrated (bottom). The Windows Image viewer is on the left in both images and SPP on the right.

Windows Calibrated

Spyder 3 Calibrated

EDIT: Now I've uploaded those images, they don't look any different. Obviously do on my PC when I change profiles!

-- hide signature --
 Gary-UK's gear list:Gary-UK's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F660EXR Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 100mm f/2.0 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow