Farewell, Olympus :(

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Art_P
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,107Gear list
Like?
Well, look at it this way
In reply to jrs91, Mar 4, 2013

you will be w/o camera for 6 months, since there's no point buying into a new system now if you won't be using it.  Take the time off, don't even think about photography for a while.

In four months or so, you will either be itching to get behind a camera, or you may be eyeing some other hobby.

In 6 months, the landscape will have changed, new models will be available, current models will be discounted, and you're wants may have changed.   So go to a camera store then, if you can, and try on a few different models.   And make a list- what the camera must have/be able to do, what you'd like from the camera, and what you couldn't live with (be sure to include available lenses in these calculations)  Then compare the cameras you liked in the store against the list and see what you come up with.

-- hide signature --

Art P
"I am a creature of contrast,
of light and shadow.
I live where the two play together,
I thrive on the conflict"

Art_P's gear list:Art_P's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
carizi MOD
EditNew
carizi MOD
carizi MOD
(unknown member)
carizi MOD
skeys MOD
carizi MOD
skeys MOD
carizi MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
skeys MOD
carizi MOD
skeys MOD
carizi MOD
mpeman MOD
carizi MOD
mpeman MOD
carizi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow