Anyone have the Zeiss 2/135 APO Sonnar yet?

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions thread
jhinkey
Senior MemberPosts: 2,323Gear list
Like?
Re: Zeiss 135 F2 vs Nikon 135 F2 DC
In reply to Mssimo, Mar 4, 2013

Mssimo wrote:

anotherMike wrote:

Yea, the Zeiss looks superb. Offhand, I'd put it in similar category as my 200/2G Nikkor, which is saying something, and it pretty much shows how weak the Nikon 135 is wide open on such a high rez body, not that the 135 DC was meant to be as sharpness monster. Nikon definitely needs a 105 and 135 upgrade. Badly.

Now I have to try and figure out a way to get the Zeiss. My lens budget for the year is shot with me picking up the Zeiss 21, Nikon 28 and Sigma 35 all this winter, so it might be a long while...

-m

LoL, no kidding. I sold my Nikon 35mm f1.4G to get the Zeiss 2/25. After that I got the 2/100 and then the 2,8/15mm. Tax return might come to my rescue, but even if you have the cash..Zeiss does not seem to be shipping these puppies out.

Nikon really needs to replace the 135mm. As far as the 200 F2G, this is the same level as the Zeiss 135mm but as far as price, makes the zeiss seem like a killer deal.

-- hide signature --

Nikon has a 135/1.8 patent issued - they just need to make and deliver it.  One wonders if the release of the 135/2 Zeiss could make Nikon re-design their 135/1.8 to a bit higher standard in order to compete somewhat better.

I like my 135/2 AIS (equal or better than the DC version IMHO), but the aberrations wide open really can limit what you can do with it.  The Zeiss 135/2 is really attractive to me, but if the Nikon 135/1.8 is 90% of the Zeiss and far less cost that will attract me even more!

I wonder how prices on the 100/2MP ZF2 will fare once the 135/2 is freely available - hopefully it will put a few more of these on the used market and depress the price a bit.

jhinkey's gear list:jhinkey's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +19 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow