ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
baddoch
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Weather Resistance K5II vs Nikon D7100
Mar 4, 2013

Hi

I was on the point of buying a Pentax K5II for many reasons, one of which is the level of weather resistance it offers. I do a lot of hillwalking in Scotland where the weather is often less than kind, so a camera that can take a bit of weather and is fairly robust is important. Then Nikon go and muddy the waters by introducing a rather tasty looking D7100 which, amongst other things, offers improved weather resistance over the D7000.

So I put the Pentax on hold waiting for the Nikon reviews. But on looking at the schematics for both cameras, I see the Nikon has no seals around the lens mount while the Pentax has. Pentax also has WR lenses. So my question for all you people who are much more knowledgeable than me is this - how significant is the lack of a lens mount seal likely to be?

To be honest, I would be happy with either camera in terms of IQ, and while the Nikon AF is likely to be better than the Pentax, I'm pretty sure both will be a significant improvement over my Panasonic FZ35.

I've also posted on the Nikon forum.

Very grateful for your time and advice.

Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 (Lumix DMC-FZ38) Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow