Veteran MemberPosts: 6,690
Like?
Joe, correct...
In reply to jtoolman, Mar 4, 2013

jtoolman wrote:

Kurt Sonderegger wrote:

jtoolman wrote:

Kurt Sonderegger wrote:

Thanks for the reply Bob. This morning I did another nozzle check and still nothing. I checked the ink level in the PK cart and it was fine so not knowing what else to try, I did another head cleaning and all but a couple nozzles were firing now:-) I did a second head clean and everything is back to normal now. I don't know how I could have had that many nozzles actually clogged with ink and I suspect it did have something to do with losing prime or getting air into the lines. I haven't had to do a head cleaning for many months now and maybe enough grime had collected to cause this problem. I'll probably never know but I am a little gun-shy about switching the black inks now. Fortunately I am using Inkjetcart inks and so the ink usage to do head cleans doesn't hurt so much.

Thanks again for the reply.

Kurt

If I may, make sure that you ( and I tell everybody refilling to do this no matter from whom they bought the cartridges ) TOP off and reset all you carts before they reach less than 30% as many times the chips over report the levels, giving you the impression that you have more ink than you really do.

Check the priming chamber as you refill to make sure still are at least 1/3 filled. If not, you have to draw ink from the exit port to re prime it. Cover the fill hop and leave the vent open to do that.

You had air in the lines!

Joe

Thanks Joe.

I'm sure you're right about having air in the lines. I refill my carts when they are below 1/2 so that was not the problem. Both PK and Mk carts were almost full and both were primed. There's something funky about Epson's ink switching routine. As per Bob Petruska's post below, I am going to try using PK ink for the few times I print on matte papers.

Kurt

Can you do that? I thought the moment you choose matte papers, the driver will auto switch. Can can you avoid that again? The only way is to put in Matte paper but choose a paper choice which uses PK instead of MK.

We're playing posting tag....

I use the semi-gloss paper selection which keeps the PK.

If the print looks like too much ink may have been laid down, then you can choose Paper Config and reduce the Color Density.

Bob P.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow