Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Kurt Sonderegger
Contributing MemberPosts: 530
Like?
Use PK to print on matte paper
In reply to Petruska, Mar 4, 2013

Petruska wrote:

Kurt Sonderegger wrote:

Thanks for the reply Bob. This morning I did another nozzle check and still nothing. I checked the ink level in the PK cart and it was fine so not knowing what else to try, I did another head cleaning and all but a couple nozzles were firing now:-) I did a second head clean and everything is back to normal now. I don't know how I could have had that many nozzles actually clogged with ink and I suspect it did have something to do with losing prime or getting air into the lines. I haven't had to do a head cleaning for many months now and maybe enough grime had collected to cause this problem. I'll probably never know but I am a little gun-shy about switching the black inks now. Fortunately I am using Inkjetcart inks and so the ink usage to do head cleans doesn't hurt so much.

Thanks again for the reply.

Kurt

I'm like you and really never use MK, I know my MK is going to clog in the lines so I will most likely never switch from PK to MK for the life of the printer as I don't want that old clogging MK ink to ever flow in the print head. I rarely print on matte paper and when I do I use my PK with very good results.

Bob P.

That's a great point about using PK to print on matte paper. I had never thought of it but I'm going to try it next time. Thanks once again Bob.

Kurt

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow