Started Mar 4, 2013 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
algo74
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Questions about flashes for Sony a55
Mar 4, 2013

I am selecting a flash for Sony a55 and I have some questions. I am considering Sony, Metz, and Nissin models. I would really appreciate the response from people who had an experience with those flashes.

For Sony HVL-F43 and 58:

• The new swivel design is convenient for on-camera use but what about the use off-camera? Is it still easy to aim the flash where desired and have the wireless sensor facing the camera?

For Metz 58 AF-2 and Nissin DI866 II:

• Have anyone actually noticed any incompatibilities with a55 that would justify buying a Sony flash?
  • How do they operate when the camera is in burst mode at 10, 7, or 3 fps? I found it very useful to take 3-4 pictures especially when shooting group pictures. I know Sony's flashes perform adequately in such conditions but can't find anything about Metz and Nissin.

For all three:

• Is there any noticeable advantage of any of these flashes in terms of less overheating or better overheating protection?
  • What about focus assist light? Is there any difference that is worth to consider?

Thank you. I really appreciate your help.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow