Started Mar 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gary-UK
Regular MemberPosts: 241
Like?
Re: Strange Colour Issues in SPP - Help needed
In reply to xpatUSA, Mar 4, 2013

xpatUSA wrote:

Gary-UK wrote:

I just can't understand why the cast only appears when the image is opened in the review window of SPP???

Possibilities:

Your settings in SPP are screwed up. These are the sliders that you mess with to pretty up the picture, or the color circle thingy is way off. Have you tried the color picker method of setting white balance in SPP? Have you tried using a gray card for your custom in-camera WB (an over-exposed white card might not do it)? Have you shot with any of the preset WB's (I usually use sunlight or daylight outside).

In my versions there is also a drop-down to select a color space. With SD10 files, that drop-down is inactive.

Is there any possibility that the raw data itself has a color cast, perish the thought?

Do you have a Macbeth color patch card, or equivalent?

Have you shot a scene with your white card in it?

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Ted http://kronometric.org
SD10/70mm Macro/17-70mm zoom

Hi Ted,

I've tried everything in SPP, including the colour picker. I have a Whibal, which I photographed in some shots on Saturday. When I used the colour picker in SPP it made a slight correction, but was still a bit yellow. Selecting a grey rock in the background proved more successful. Those pictures were taken with the white balance set to match the conditions, i.e. overcast or sunny.

To try to avoid the post production problems of trying to use the colour picker, today I set a custom white balance using the white part of the Whibal. On the LCD of the camera the photos looked spot on. Once imported into SPP, they also look spot on, until that is I open them in the review window, when they turn more yellow. As you can see from the attached photos in the first post, the adjustment sliders, (except Saturation) are all zeroed, as is the colour picker wheel.

I'm going to try shooting jpeg only and see how they look in different programs.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow