Strange Colour Issues in SPP - Help needed

Started Mar 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
Gary-UK
Regular MemberPosts: 241
Like?
Re: Strange Colour Issues in SPP - Help needed
In reply to xpatUSA, Mar 4, 2013

Hello Gary,

Can't help you precisely with your version of SPP and your model of camera. However, my SD10 and SPP versions 2 thru 5.1 all show a 1/4-size JPEG, blown up to fill the window ***, while the X3F raw data is being decoded. This jpeg is embedded in the X3F file. There is also a small JPEG thumbnail image in the file which SPP shows in it's viewer screen.

*** this is why the image looks pixelated - until it is replaced by the decoded RAW data. When the decoded data is finally shown on your screen, the screen image (not the raw data) is affected by whatever settings the adjustment thingy has had done, or been "saved as", or just the default settings. There's also an "auto" settings button, in my versions. The decoded data is held in a 16-bit working file with a large color space similar to ProPhoto (if not the same) - until you decide how to save your masterpiece.

I suspected that the preview is the embedded jpeg. The colour on this looks more accurate than the X3F, and that is what I don't understand. I don't actually save a jpeg version in camera, just RAW. I tried switching the in camera to SRGB to see if that made a difference, but it didn't.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow