Is Nikon worth it?

Started Mar 4, 2013 | Questions thread
AZBlue
Contributing MemberPosts: 866Gear list
Like?
Re: Is Nikon worth it?
In reply to gronholt, Mar 4, 2013

gronholt wrote:

I have for years planned to upgrade my D80. I wished for a D400, but I think the D400 is never going to be produced.

What I was hoping for was:

• Pro house
  • Very good ISO
  • About 6+ fps.
  • Fast and accurate AF.

I looked at the D600 it would fit my needs (except for the small af area) but I do not dare to buy one because of the dust issue. I do not want to wet-clean my sensor repeatedly. (On My D80, a rocket blower is all I need)

Then I looked at the D800, but here we have the “left focus issue” Is there other problems with this camera.

How is ISO in real-life compared to D80/200/300?

The D800 has a pro house and a pro price, but does it also have a pro quality?

Alternative I could wait some years for a new camera to occur, but if Nikons standard is the same these cameras will also have some issues.

My recommendation would be to not make a purchase decision based on some of the noise in these and other forums. People rarely come here to say their cameras are working great, the opposite is far more common. Riddle me this: If Nikon issued a service advisory for the D600 dust issue, why did they not issue a similar advisory for the D800 AF? Probably because the D800 AF issue was not widespread. I would buy a D800.

-- hide signature --

"I've been in more laps than a napkin" - Mae West

AZBlue's gear list:AZBlue's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow