Samsung could kill the competition in 2013

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Michael Barker
Senior MemberPosts: 1,964Gear list
Like?
Re: Samsung could kill the competition in 2013
In reply to tecnoworld, Mar 4, 2013

I think they just need to maximize the halo effect from their tablets and phones, if they want to sell lots of cameras.

But at the moment I do not wish for them to sell lots of cameras. I don't care either way.

Here is what I do wish. That they would improve:

• repair service
  • quality control
  • photographic integrity (cooking of RAWs, stability of the RAW format)
  • third-party ecosystem (quicker third-party software support, more lens and accessories providers)

And I think it would be cool if they made:

• A DSLR-size mirrorless camera including top LCD to show settings, big grip, lots of battery life, good balance for long lenses, articulating OLED, top-end VF, flash ... in other words matching or exceeding the Nikon D7100 or Sony Alpha point by point and still coming in underweight by excluding the mirror and just by being better at everything. Personally, I think it should be an APS-C NX camera.  We don't need more FF choices.
  • A fast telephoto prime. Like the Pentax FA 77mm f/1.8 but a little longer and a little lighter. With a price not in the stratosphere, say $450.
  • A couple more mid-range zooms. 16-85mm, 24-135mm. Personally I don't know why 24-135mm are only found for FF - the range makes great sense for APS-C.
 Michael Barker's gear list:Michael Barker's gear list
Pentax K-30
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow