PIX 2015

70D and 7Dmk2 is coming what to expect?

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Christoph Stephan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,900Gear list
Like?
Re: 70D and 7Dmk2 is coming what to expect?
In reply to Wyville, Mar 4, 2013

Wyville wrote:

I'm always hoping for Pentax too. They have pretty good products, especially for enthusiasts, but never really seem to get a foothold.

Me, too. Their SLRs and lenses are really nice.I especially appreciate that they build bigger pentaprism also into their smaller DLSRs and generally have a lighter more compact design without compromises in functionality.

In the lens department they are lackingĀ  long teles, but there you have the Sigma 150-500 mm OS and Sigma 50-500mm OS with Pentax fit.

If I would not have gone Canon with the EOS 300D (just a bargain these days, and Pentax*ist nowhere to be had) I would have stayed with Pentax, as I had a Ricoh film SLR with K-mount lenses. Sometimes I think of aquiring a K-30 18-55mm WR + 50-200mm WR for long outdoor trips (and out of solidarity with Pentax), but building up two systems is just a waste of money.

However, it would be a real shame to see Pentax SLRs gone!

Christoph Stephan's gear list:Christoph Stephan's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 40D Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow