Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
canyoube
Forum MemberPosts: 54Gear list
Like?
Re: Canon 5D to Nikon FX.. a potential upgrade
In reply to acandelaphoto, Mar 4, 2013

acandelaphoto wrote:

canyoube wrote:

Well I made exactly that step. I have just sold my 5D mkII after having purchased a D800. The main reason was unhappiness about the 'purple' blacks if you have to lift them at all. The D800 really delivers and I am very happy with it. To be truthful I will use it for studio and landscape but I have kept my 7D and the longer lenses for birds/sport.

Curious, as to what else you've experienced since changing from Canon to Nikon? Have you shot low light and/or action(cconcert) images? If so, what were the results? Just looking for various kinds of experience especially from users who've crossed over to these camera brands.

I have not yet build up my lens set and only have the 14-24mm f2.8 as a 'professional' lens.  My feeling (and I use the 5d mkII with the 70-200mm f2.8 IS L II as my 'gold standard') is that the focussing is slightly slower.  I should be able to make a better prognosis once I get a Nikon 70-200mm.  Shooting in a dim studio (with lowish modelling lights) has caused a couple of hiccups and I have needed to use the focus assist lamp.

canyoube's gear list:canyoube's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Nikon D3200 Nikon D600 Nikon D7100 +13 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow