Optical viewfinder for nx1000?

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
timedrun
Contributing MemberPosts: 665Gear list
Like?
Re: Optical viewfinder for nx1000?
In reply to snik38, Mar 4, 2013

snik38 wrote:

Hello, i was used to take photos with my viewfinder in my previous dslr and i feel a litle bit less stable in my shots when i am using my nx1000. I know that samsungs evf is not compatible with the nx1000 so i searched the ebay for some optical viewfinder at a fixed range ex 50mm (to use it with the 30mm lens). I found some and i am wondering, had anyone used one of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Braun-Paxette-View-Finder-50mm-w-85mm-mask-/230935684963?pt=US_Viewfinders_Eyecups&hash=item35c4d6e763

The above is just an example, there are a lot of similar viewfinders in ebay.

Hi

I use an NX100 or, more recently, sometimes an NX200 with hotshoe OVFs. The OVFs I use are a Voighlander 50mm (the litle round one), which I use with the NX30mm f2, and I use the Panasonic 24mm (which was an accessory for the LX3) with the 16mm or 20mm.

These were the two best quality OVFs I could find at a reasonable price point, 24mm OVFs are usually very expensive, but I bought the Panasonic for £60 new, and the 50mm, which is discontinued now for a much larger version, was about the same price. I have have been using them for about 2 years.

The Panny OVF is more or less glued to my NX100 with the NX20mm lens on it, which shows slightly more than the lens captures.

I have found that the 24mm OVF on the NX200 shows a lot of the lens barrel in it, due to the lower height of the body. This detracts from the experience a lot for me, although I prefer everything else about the NX200. Another downside is that Samsung do not have an option to switch off the rear screen, which again somewhat detracts from the experience IMO.

I love using good quality, bright OVF's without any information in them. It certainly helps me to get to know instinctively how the camera with behave. The NX200 + 30mm + Voightlander 50mm OVF is a great (coat) pocket camera, which I use a lot.

-- hide signature --

A little green rosetta......a tiny green rosetta........

timedrun's gear list:timedrun's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow