Optical viewfinder for nx1000?

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
timedrun
Contributing MemberPosts: 637Gear list
Like?
Re: Optical viewfinder for nx1000?
In reply to snik38, Mar 4, 2013

snik38 wrote:

Hello, i was used to take photos with my viewfinder in my previous dslr and i feel a litle bit less stable in my shots when i am using my nx1000. I know that samsungs evf is not compatible with the nx1000 so i searched the ebay for some optical viewfinder at a fixed range ex 50mm (to use it with the 30mm lens). I found some and i am wondering, had anyone used one of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Braun-Paxette-View-Finder-50mm-w-85mm-mask-/230935684963?pt=US_Viewfinders_Eyecups&hash=item35c4d6e763

The above is just an example, there are a lot of similar viewfinders in ebay.

Hi

I use an NX100 or, more recently, sometimes an NX200 with hotshoe OVFs. The OVFs I use are a Voighlander 50mm (the litle round one), which I use with the NX30mm f2, and I use the Panasonic 24mm (which was an accessory for the LX3) with the 16mm or 20mm.

These were the two best quality OVFs I could find at a reasonable price point, 24mm OVFs are usually very expensive, but I bought the Panasonic for £60 new, and the 50mm, which is discontinued now for a much larger version, was about the same price. I have have been using them for about 2 years.

The Panny OVF is more or less glued to my NX100 with the NX20mm lens on it, which shows slightly more than the lens captures.

I have found that the 24mm OVF on the NX200 shows a lot of the lens barrel in it, due to the lower height of the body. This detracts from the experience a lot for me, although I prefer everything else about the NX200. Another downside is that Samsung do not have an option to switch off the rear screen, which again somewhat detracts from the experience IMO.

I love using good quality, bright OVF's without any information in them. It certainly helps me to get to know instinctively how the camera with behave. The NX200 + 30mm + Voightlander 50mm OVF is a great (coat) pocket camera, which I use a lot.

-- hide signature --

A little green rosetta......a tiny green rosetta........

timedrun's gear list:timedrun's gear list
Samsung NX11 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 45mm F1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow