ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
simon05
Regular MemberPosts: 353
Like?
Need advice on lights set up for large gym
Mar 4, 2013

Hi All,

I will shoot a karate event in a large gym and have 3 Einstein 640 with Cybercommander. The lights have the 8.5 inch "High Output" reflectors. I would like to know the best way to set this strobes and the best points where to position the lights in the gym hall (e.g. 2 lights, one on each side?). I have read that many people use just two lights. In case of three lights set up, I am not sure where to position the last one. For two lights: I was originally thinking to position the lights (high with a stand) and direct them at about 45 degrees. Are the Einstein powerful enough for this job? What about the Action mode of the Einstein. I am not sure how to set this up since, as far as I know, the light can not be used for camera HSS. Ultimately I was thinking to use a Speedlight mounted on the camera to compensate for those darker areas that the Einstein may not cover (connected to the camera through pc cable I will have a Cybercync to communicate with the Einstein so everything will fire at the same time).

Many thanks for any suggestion.

-- hide signature --
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow