Started Mar 4, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ATAR1
Regular MemberPosts: 237Gear list
Like?
Thankful for RX1
Mar 4, 2013

I took my RX1 to my daughter's ballet recital - and next to me was this irritating parent with a HUGE Nikon DSLR with a big lens clicking away.  It was really annoying as he didn't shut off his focus confirm beep.  That shutter noise was also really noticible during the quiet parts (OK, not as bad as those in the crowd with NEX-5 and 3's...).  I really appreciated the RX1's silent operation.

And then there was another parent sitting directly in front of me - and he had a GINORMOUS Canon DSLR with some monster beige colored lens snapping away.  Luckily his daughter wasn't in the same group as my daughter - as every time he sat up to shoot, he obscured half of my field of vision with his lens.  I think he may have even bumped into parent sitting in front of him with the tip of his lens (kidding).  I'm sure the parents sitting behind me were glad I had the tiny RX1 only.

Frankly, for this scenario, they probably had the more "appropriate" equipment, but I'm happy with the shots I got.  Here's a few.

Cropped shot from 15 rows up.

Shot after the performance.

ATAR1's gear list:ATAR1's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a5100 +6 more
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow