Sigma dp3m short impressions

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Richard Franiec
Senior MemberPosts: 2,120Gear list
Like?
Re: a series of very doubtful assertions
In reply to solarsky, Mar 4, 2013

solarsky wrote:

Are you also offering a DP1/2/3 Merrill-compatible hotshoe-mounted Custom Mechanical Cable Release Adapter, as you have offered one for the legacy DP-series cameras? AND: Since I got your hotshoe-mounted Custom Mechanical Cable Release Adapter for my DP2s, could I use it on a DP3 Merrill? In case not: Do you know any other good way of getting a Mechanical Cable Release Adapter that works with the DP Merrill series cameras? Thank you in advance for your reply!

Thank you for asking.

Unfortunately, the hot shoe based cable release adapter for original DP series is not compatible with Merrill counterparts. The distance between the anchor point (hot shoe) and shutter button is different. In fact, this much longer distance is the main concern in implementation of similar to original design concept of the adapter. I'm working on alternative solutions as we speak.

Kind regards,

Richard

Richard Franiec's gear list:Richard Franiec's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow