mr moonlight
Senior MemberPosts: 1,539
Like?
Re: Fuji X-20 compared to Nikon D50
In reply to Mr Sincere, Mar 4, 2013

Mr Sincere wrote:

Midwest wrote:

Mr Sincere wrote:
However, I should mention that a bouncer at a Miami club told me my x100 was a "professional camera" and couldn't be used for taking photos inside the club. I did have the lens hood on it though, and a camera strap. Stripped of the hood and strap, I may have faired better

Why on Earth were you using a lens hood in a club?

I really hate to bump this thread just to answer an inconsequential question, but I couldn't resist, given the incredulous tone.

I used a lens hood on my x100 to protect the lens in place of a lens cap. If you're out and about in crowded bars with a camera dangling by your side, you certainly want something protecting the lens. And popping a lens cap on and off can be a bit inconvenient (and could cause you to miss a shot). The hood offered pretty good protection, and it also looked pretty bad ass on the camera.

In fact, by the time I sold the x100 on, I'd long since lost the lens cap since I never used it, ever.

I just read that too on your bump. Lens hoods are often really helpful in nightclubs, especially if you're shooting on stage. With all the stage and club lights, you often get flare.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow