Anybody using a win 8 pro tablet for photohop editing

Started Feb 22, 2013 | Discussions thread
Enthusiast Photographer
Regular MemberPosts: 114Gear list
Like?
Re: Anybody using a win 8 pro tablet for photohop editing
In reply to Fredy Ross, Mar 3, 2013

I'm running the CS6 suite on my X1 Carbon Touch.  It doesn't support pen though.

I also have a (pre-production) ThinkPad Helix, which is a Core i7 detachable slate design announced at CES.  Very cool, amazing screen and very decent battery life.  It is thinner and lighter than the Surface Pro with a better and bigger screen.

It will be more expensive than a Surface Pro (it is shipping in the next month or two, and pricing wasn't officially announced), but offers far better performance since you have the option of running at full power (17 watts) when plugged into the keyboard base that provides additional cooling.  When plugged into the base in "tablet plus" mode (similar to your X201 tablet when the screen is folded down), you're at 13W.  Pure tablet mode is 10W, just like the Surface Pro and Samsung Ativ Pro (which are both 10W all the time).

I'd check into some benchmarks on the slates vs. your X201.  I wonder how much performance difference there is, at least at 10W.

(Your X201 runs at full speed all the time because the processor is in the base.  It might also be interesting to see how much of a performance bump you'd get by swapping out the drive for a good SSD)

Enthusiast Photographer's gear list:Enthusiast Photographer's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow