A list of good/bad MFT lens for new owner?

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
mh2000
Senior MemberPosts: 2,614
Like?
binding
In reply to captura, Mar 3, 2013

captura wrote:

mh2000 wrote:

captura wrote:

Currently the bargain is (or was) the 2 Sigma lens deal for $200. And some stores were selling the Sigma 19/2.8 for just over $100, although the price is now $149. This is a fantastic value for a very good lens.

I paid $150 for my 30 and think it was a good deal... both the 19 and 30 for $200 is a great deal!

-- hide signature --

Had a 19 for one year but I just picked up a 30 yesterday, for $130. This was 1/2 of one of the 2-lens $200 bundles so it is brand new. It does not have the binding of the focus-ring problem which had been reported by earlier buyers. Very sharp lens, a must-have!

If I apply pressure to my focusing ring is binds, but if I am gentle it doesn't. not a real problem... unless you are looking for one IMO.

I don't like the flare problems it has that much... very similar to the Pan 20... but it is just a "don't do that" thing... my 17 and 45 flare in a much more pleasing manner, in fact, I like using it creatively with those two lenses, but the 30 produces ugly green patterns (like the 20).

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow