Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
WTB3
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Print and Matte Sizes that sell best?
Mar 3, 2013

For those of you who sell prints regularly or on occassion, I am curious what print sizes are most popular among those making purchases.  For example, have people become more interested or open to 8x12 in lieu of 8x10 (print size / matte opening)?

Also - if you were to print a photo in 5x7 and 11x14 - how many more 5x7s as compared to the larger size?

Matte wise,I assume it is best to uses sizes that fit the standard frame sizes.  But color?  Worth getting acid free or archival?

The reason for my questions is that I intend to purchase some mattes and bags.  I will probably start with two sizes, three sizes at most.

My biggest opportunity now would be a local arts and craft show.  Beyond that, I might attend a couple charity sales and auctions, and perhaps use a local gallery.  My children's school for example has a fund raiser selling arts and crafts of parents and local artists.  It is generally visited by a couple hundred people.

I don't mind losing a little money on the venture - but I don't want to be completely irresponsible either.  I plan to start small and grow if I actually manage to sell.

Picture wise - I am nature and landscape + macro.  On occassion, people too.

I print on an Epson R3000.

Thanks!

Bill

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow