Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
CBR1100XX
Regular MemberPosts: 435
Like?
From FX to a D7100
Mar 3, 2013

Well not completely but it made for a nice provocative title....

Right now I'm looking to get a D7100 and switch to that for much of my work. I'll still keep the D700 around since it offers a few things like that shallow depth of field and most likely an edge in low light (right now in these threads it's a mix of near D700 and complete trash opinions for high ISO) plus it's a tank and that can be nice sometimes.

Weight is an issue and for low light work the D7100 with a 50-150 2.8 is lighter than my D700 with the 70-210 F4 I currently use. And since so many people are jumping the DX ship for FX there are tons of great deals on DX glass so I can get a D7100 with that lens and an ultra wide for the price of just a D600 body. The reason for the upgrade is I need the 24 MP for studio work and there the DX VS FX isn't as big of an issue and without the AA filter the D7100 might even have the edge. D800 is obviously the best answer.....but I'm not there in terms of income from my work yet to take that big of a hit along with a lens or 2.

Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D7100 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow