Veteran MemberPosts: 3,524Gear list
Like?
Re: Some with my S3IS to compare...
In reply to lkk324, Mar 3, 2013

lkk324 wrote:

Dale Buhanan wrote:

dzyg wrote:

lkk324 wrote:

Yep! That is exactly why I got it. I can't afford a big zoom lens and wouldn't want to carry all of that around anyway. I needed a camera to take on vacation and stuff like that and since I was getting another camera I wanted a good zoom! I love my dslr for my kids sports and even out in the yard for dog shots or a trip somewhere close but for vacation and carrying around all day I think its a bit much. I don't want to be changing lenses and missing shots.

Are you feeling better about the action shots now? Are you happier since you changed the colors? You can tweak that more if you want to and play with it till you like it

-- hide signature --

**Lisa**

I don't know, while the shots do look better I still think the S3 has a crisper image (in the dog action shots). However when shooting birds I can get a much better quality image than I could with my S3 cause the zoom just didn't go as far. I am hoping this Spring to get out and get a bigger variety of situations in which to take pics to see how it does and of course the more I use it the better I will get at it.

You can always turn the settings up another notch and give that a try.

-- hide signature --

kind regards
Dale

Hey Dale.........question............Why the skintone -1? What happens otherwise? Just curious! You know how I like my questions

-- hide signature --

**Lisa**

The reason is that since you have boosted the saturation, skin tones can now become too orange.  Going to -1 on skin tones corrects the saturation back to where it should be for skin tones.  Orange/red faces do not look that attractive.  Makes sense?

-- hide signature --

kind regards
Dale

Dale Buhanan's gear list:Dale Buhanan's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD500 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G6 Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot Pro1 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow