X100S Street Photography Locked

Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
This thread is locked.
ljclark
Senior MemberPosts: 2,257Gear list
Back and Forth Notwithstanding...
In reply to BrianKraft, Mar 3, 2013

...OP made it clear (in follow-up) that the images represent his aesthetic intent, not a technical demonstration.  I agree.  However, I don't see anything in the images that speaks to an advantage of the X100s over the X100 -- or dozens of other cameras. These pictures, in their present form, do not offer a persuasive argument for buying an X100s (though mine is already on order as an upgrade from an X100), but selling the camera was apparently NOT the intent of the OP.

I think the histogram above shows the decision of the OP about what he chose to show, and what he decided not to show.  That's a personal call.  However, for those who like to pin the bottom of the final image to something close a true black, one does wonder what visual information at the bottom end disappeared during PP.

One semi-intangible element might be the user experience.  Did the experience of shooting with the X100s influence the choice of subject and manner of presentation?

ljclark's gear list:ljclark's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 Fujifilm X100S Fujifilm X20 Nikon D300 Leica M9 +35 more
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow