SX50...dog action shots...

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Dale Buhanan
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,627Gear list
Like?
Re: More shots added from today...better imo....
In reply to lkk324, Mar 3, 2013

lkk324 wrote:

dzyg wrote:

Dale Buhanan wrote:

Yes... Those do indeed look much better. Good job.

I was surprised that the camera stopped down to f7.1 and f8 though. Were you in P mode? The lens is sharpest a stop or two wider than that. Did you select those f-stops or did the camera? I notice that even though the ISO was only 80 the shutter speed was still 1/1000. So, it is certainly fast enough. That snow reflects a LOT of light doesn't it!

Anyway. I think you have got it. Have fun... The dogs certainly are!

-- hide signature --

kind regards
Dale

Dale thanks so much for all of your help! I did have the camera in P mode so the camera picked the f-stops. Do you think switching to AV would help if I picked the fstop in these bright snow conditions? Or M so I can pick the shutter speed and fstop? The only problem with doing that is sometimes when the dogs get closer to me I try to get a more closeup of their face and then the setting wouldn't be quite right...which is why I usually pick P mode. I love taking pics of the whiter dog in the snow...she looks so good against it...in the Summer though I have such a hard time getting a good shot of her on a sunny day cause she reflects all the light without the snowy background....sometimes she just glows, especially when she is by the black dog.

When I was scrolling through the owners manual online I thought I saw a snow setting or something like that???? Did you see that?

You can get to that by turning the top knob on your camera to SCN (scene mode)  Then push the func button and you can scroll through all of the various selections.  Some of them are very useful.  The snow mode is the little snowman.

-- hide signature --

kind regards
Dale

Dale Buhanan's gear list:Dale Buhanan's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD500 Canon PowerShot G5 Canon PowerShot G6 Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot Pro1 +34 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow