Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
f56andbethere
Regular MemberPosts: 242
Like?
Help! Dual monitor calibration...
Mar 3, 2013

So I recently added a new monitor to my setup. My old primary is a Dell UltraSharp U2410. I just bought a brand new UltraSharp U3011 to be my new primary, with the 24" as my secondary now, vertically oriented. The 24" is about a year old. The 30" is fresh as of two days ago.

I have calibrated both with an XRite i1 Display (the older one, not the new "Pro" one, which I may upgrade to). But I can't get them to look the same, or even all that similar, at all. One looks like images are at 4000K and the other at 5600K or some such. One side is really cool, the other warm. One side has lower contrast, even though the contrast is maxed out. One side looks dimmer. Etc. Etc.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it's driving me crazy. I don't think there's anything wrong with the new monitor, but it's hard to tell. I know it's difficult to match them perfectly, but what's the best way to go about this? It's almost useless to have a second monitor that's so off because now I have no idea what's "right" anymore. I would think I could at least get them close.

So how do you best calibrate a dual monitor setup? I want the 24" to be close so I can edit images vertically on it and switch back to the main and not have it be a completely different image. If you know what I mean.

Thanks for any help....

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow