Olympus E-7 follow up, time to market and other choices

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
rovingtim
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,206
Like?
Re: Hi Coll
In reply to CollBaxter, Mar 3, 2013

CollBaxter wrote:

I think IMO if Olympus had released a 400mm HG lens and the 100mm Vaporware macro they would have plugged a major gap in the system and things could have been different . There was/is always something missing in the Olympus systems. Olympus's reply to the long lens issue was "EAT CAKE".

I love this Very very true. And the 90-250 is a humungous lens. Not at all in the philosophy of 4/3rds. I was at the UK launch of the E3 and the 90-250 and I was shocked at the size of both of them (you know that all thingsmustbe compared to the E1 )

I do not want to to change systems as I like my equipment but I need to upgrade my lenses which can be very expensive with the current situation I will wait

The state of 4/3rds is sad, especially considering what could have been accomplished. I still like its potential but I don't think it will ever see the light of day. For now, I'm cruising with what I've got. I can still get 98% of my shots with the 14-54 + 50-200 and the ec1.4. That is a compact robust system just as Oly promised.

If I ever go pro again, I will drop 4/3rds like a hot potato.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow