Sony NEX-5 Upgrade

Started Feb 26, 2013 | Questions thread
bzx
bzx
Regular MemberPosts: 213Gear list
Like?
I am exactly in the same situation and..
In reply to Damián B, Mar 3, 2013

.. I can only say that what most people wrote here is correct: bulky DSLR will be an overkill.

I don't print either, but I also shoot RAW and just have fun in LR.

When I was considering a DSLR option I borrowed D7000 with 18-135 from a friend for one day. While I liked the ergonomics and all the extra buttons I don't have on my NEX 5, it was quite a luggage to carry for a casual walk. Of course you can counter this thought by saying that if it's just a usual walk then it's not a whole-day trip so carrying an extra kilo won't hurt.. but then I say back: consider a whole-day trip

One more note: My friend lives in US and visits Europe for business every now and then. He has a DSLR and when he didn't bring it for his first visit he was saying "man, this city is beautiful, I will bring my camera next time". He was back 2 times. Guess what

I am definitely getting NEX-6 at some point. Already made up my mind on that, and invested in SEL16 + UWA. For casual shooting it's more than enough.

Good luck!

-- hide signature --

t[+]m

bzx's gear list:bzx's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow