Edgar Matias
Regular MemberPosts: 168Gear list
Like?
Re: What really surprises me is that the Q
In reply to Raist3d, Mar 3, 2013

Raist3d wrote:

Edgar Matias wrote:

Raist3d wrote:

Well FWIW, here's the 06 doing a portrait. I could have done even shallower DOF if I stepped back and zoomed in more but it was a very "on the moment shot."

Pretty good.

It's tightly framed, so I expect you'd lose a lot of the background blur if it were shot as more of an environmental portrait.

To be clear: the DOF could have been made much shorter, but yes, if you were doing an environment portrait- depending the place and how much of the environment you are going to set in then it would be an issue, though here's an example of an environment portrait I guess (or closer to that- also note it's F3.2 and not F2.8 which would give a tad more bokeh):

Here's another tighter portrait but more shallower DOF:

-- hide signature --

Raist3d/Ricardo (Photographer, software dev.)- I photograph black cats in coal mines at night...
“The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it.” - George Orwell

Thanks for posting the picks. Like I said, the 06 is the most interesting Q lens they've done so far.

Edgar Matias's gear list:Edgar Matias's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow