Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Surefoot
Contributing MemberPosts: 578Gear list
Like?
Re: Excellent!
In reply to Anders W, Mar 3, 2013

Anders W wrote:

Surefoot wrote:

Because of the very specific hue produced, and because you could block them with a color filter, at least this is what i think, otherwise i would see fully clipped orbs on my GF1 too.

OK. But then you haven't fully understood my explanation. I didn't block the reflections with a color filter. I used the filter to reduce the color-channel imbalance that I talk about in this post:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50958004

The reflections appear purple not because they actually have that color if you could see them with your naked eye but because of the sensor characteristics I describe in the post I link to (color-channel pollution along with color-channel imbalance).

Ok i edited my post in the mean time to be more specific, i did read your explanation and i agree with you on the result, but i dont think this is the original cause. I highly suspect internal reflections on the rear side of elements, the aperture shaped orbs actually lead me to reflections against the front elements... Then the coatings will cancel most of the wavelenghts, but let through that specific one that plays foul with the sensor.

If it was just high incidence rays we would see color bleeding around the light source, but it's not the case, we clearly see ghosts all around the frame. And if it wasnt a reflection i wouldnt get aperture shaped orbs with the sun (round-ish) as a point source...

Surefoot's gear list:Surefoot's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +9 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow