Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
Wyville
Senior MemberPosts: 2,657Gear list
Like?
Re: May I?
In reply to Limburger, Mar 3, 2013

Limburger wrote:

I agree with Wyville.

I didn't see anybody questioning your knowledge but never saw you levelling so there is dialogue instead of arguement.

What Wyville imo is basicly telling you that all the knowledge in the world is worthless if you can't portrait it to others aka peopleskills.

Comming from a technical medical background myself I learned a lot of theory but in the field is getting you nowhere if not open for a more emperical instead of theoretical approach.

If some posts something wrong you can jump on it or say the person might be mistaken resulting in totally different relationships.

You made me think about a guy at work, his education level is ok but with his approach to matters he never is going anywhere.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Many people teach, but few are good teachers. That's especially true in academics where people fight for acknowledgement by peers and forget that the knowledge they produce has to land somewhere where not everyone is a peer. The Richard Feynman's of this world are rare and far in between.

On an internet forum it is counter-productive to disseminate knowledge from an "Ivory Tower". The place is far too informal and the diversity of knowledge levels too large. To make a point it is essential to take the time to convert a technical subject into something simple, easy (fun!) to read and still fully informative. That's very difficult.

Wyville's gear list:Wyville's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow