bimmerman
Senior MemberPosts: 2,354
Like?
Re: if you've used Nikon before...
In reply to Anders W, Mar 3, 2013

Anders W wrote:

mfj197 wrote:

bimmerman wrote:

It's about as fast as a Nikon 50mm f1.8D "screwdriver" driven lens. Slightly more than 1.5 seconds from near to infinity. Totally workable in most situations and certainly leagues faster and much more accurate than manual focusing.

I think it would only be 1.5 seconds if you are going from near to infinity and back again. In my own tests the 20mm consistently took 0.8 to 0.85 seconds to secure focus lock on a very close object when starting out at infinity. That compares to 0.35 to 0.4 seconds with a newer lens (the Olympus 45mm) - although the 45 won't focus nearly as close. The 20mm is still the lens that lives on the front of my E-M5 because it is a useful focal length, nicely fast (aperture), great IQ and very small.

Michael

And somewhere between 0.3 s and 0.5 s, just as the 45/1.8 and other MFT lenses, if you do something slightly more normal than going from infinity to 0.20 m, such as refocusing from infinity to 0.75 m. See here:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50958173

Yup, just like I said, totally workable for me. Which is why it stays on my OMD most of the time.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow