ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
BandofBrothers
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
Newbie questions re: shooting motion/action shots with V1
Mar 3, 2013

Hey guys,

Up until now I haven't shot any action shots at all with my V1. Now that the weather is finally starting to improve, I want to shoot some action/motion shots - of my dogs for example.

Obviously, I want a nice high shutter speed to avoid blurry images - but I just wanted to clarify a few other settings that I should be using. I had a go at taking some photos of some ducks in a local pond with the 30-110mm lens but 90% of the shots resulted in the eye/facial features being out of focus on the ducks face.

- Am I right in thinking I will be okay using either Aperture or Shutter priority modes. The reason being, in Aperture mode I could just set the lens wide open to ensure I always have the highest available shutter speed for my chosen ISO / zoom setting?

- For AF-Area mode - should I be using Subject Tracking?

- For Focus Mode - should I be using AF-C ?

- Finally, I am guessing I should be shooting in Continuous mode in order to get the shot I want?

Many thanks for any help - and apolagies for these newbie questions, up until now I have shot exclusively stationary objects and some landscapes:-|

BandofBrothers's gear list:BandofBrothers's gear list
Nikon 1 V1
Nikon 1 V1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow