Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 17,361Gear list
Like?
Re: Purple flare: Causes and remedies
In reply to John Sheehy, Mar 3, 2013

John Sheehy wrote:

Anders W wrote:

So what's really going on here? In the second and third image posted below, the flare and/or its purpleness has been vastly reduced. So what did I do to achieve that?

No, I didn't change the light, the camera position, the framing, the lens, the focus or the aperture. The light remained unchanged and the camera was firmly fixed on a tripod. All images were shot with the E-M5 and the 45/1.8 at f/1.8 and 1/5 s. And no, I didn't do anything to reduce the flare or its purpleness in PP. What I did to reduce it was done at the time of shooting. So what did I do? Two different solutions were tried, one for image two and another for image three.

The first thing I would look into is whether the flare is really purple, or if it is infrared light, which comes out purple with most sensors.

Hi John,

Have a look here for what I think is the explanation:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/post/50958004

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow