5DC as a smart choice?

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
mu55
Senior MemberPosts: 1,300Gear list
Like?
Re: 5DC as a smart choice?
In reply to Eidmantas, Mar 3, 2013

I think it's a smart choice if you just want to see what a larger sensor can do. I was very happy with mine, i needed faster AF and dual card slots so was saving up for a 1ds3 when the 1Dx was announced - i had a deposit on one until the 5D3 was announced, which i got the first day it was released. The difference is amazing, the original 5D feels like an antique, it only remains as my 2nd body because i have the faith in it and it's not really worth selling.

Buying one though is a no-brainer, great files, 12.8mp is heaps, it's just that ergonomics and the rest of the technology has come so far - if the 5D3 was still 12.8mp i'd still be happy, and still own one over the original (assuming it has absolutely clean ISO 128000).

Lightroom/ACR has also come along way, when lightroom 3 was released it stopped me wanting to upgrade, the files were suddenly a whole stop cleaner noise wise.

mu55's gear list:mu55's gear list
Ricoh GR Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow