A list of good/bad MFT lens for new owner?

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
josbiker
Regular MemberPosts: 372Gear list
Like?
Re: 45-150 or 45-200
In reply to shihhan, Mar 3, 2013

shihhan wrote:

josbiker wrote:

Many thanks again.

So, if I am satisfied with the noise of ISO 3200 with the f2,8 with OIS what is than the difference in comparising with the f1.7 without OIS (i can use perhaps ISO 1600 but I get a more blurried picture)

So what is the nett result?

f2.8 at ISO 3200 means you can use the same shutter speed at f1.7 ISO 1600 (and achieve the same exposure).

The 1 stop difference means:

- f1.7 has smaller DoF, so better subject isolation (+ background blurring)
- ISO 1600 is also considerably less noisy, which helps when you post-process the pictures

But the *main* difference is that with f1.7 you can shoot at half the shutter speed, which means you can freeze motion more effectively.

Many thanks,

'But the *main* difference is that with f1.7 you can shoot at half the shutter speed, which means you can freeze motion more effectively."

But when the OIS in the (12-35/2,8) "deliver" a stop extra (or more?) than there must be an  advanced (gain) for the 12-35/F2,8 in my thinking or am I that stupid or.....

Please help?

Jos

josbiker's gear list:josbiker's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow