Purple flare: Causes and remedies

Started Mar 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
Anders W
Forum ProPosts: 18,647Gear list
Like?
Re: Purple flare: Causes and remedies
In reply to Werderano, Mar 3, 2013

Werderano wrote:

First big Thanks to Andrew and all the others working on this problem. Having the same problems with the Pl 25 1.4 and OMD, not really often but it´s there especially at nightshots.

What are you thinking about contacting Olympus, not sure they really have noticed this problem and perhaps they could help us?

No I haven't contacted Olympus. I might if I had a good direct channel but I don't. It would surprise me if they aren't aware of this already and I am afraid there is little they can do (at reasonable cost) for those of us who already have an E-M5. Hopefully, they'll try to address the problem in the next sensor generation. At that point, potential buyers will be forewarned. They weren't this time. It took half a year or so before this problem surfaced.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow