Why are people not embarrassed???

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
Doug J
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,534
Like?
Re: Why are people not embarrassed???
In reply to rattymouse, Mar 3, 2013

rattymouse wrote:

Why are people not embarrassed to use an iPad in public as a camera? Is there ANYTHING more stupid looking than holding up an iPad like a camera and taking a photo? Today out at my son's boy scout event there were several parents snapping pictures with an iPad.

My goodness.........

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

Things change, and we usually adapt, with time. The first time I saw a raised iPad I was a bit surprised, thought it might be a holy thing, then I understand what the folks were doing.

Similarly, I attended a Korean wedding not too long ago, which are basically civil affairs held in a "wedding hall" and take maybe 30 minutes. At the key moment, I witnessed probably a good half of the attendees raise their hand high in the air, so I did the same, thinking it part of the tradition. Wrong. After a short period I realized those with their hands high had smart phones of various types and were snapping shots for posterity, posting on FB and to give to the couple.

It would be an easy an interesting exercise to identify some examples of what we have and accept without question in our routine lives today, but were considered wrong, evil or even alien back when they were introduced. Automobiles or helicopters anyone?

Concerning events, the only issue I have with this is that, when raised, they obstruct the view of persons behind the iPad/fondleslab holder.

Perhaps there should be a "height regulation" limiting tablet users to lifting their devices to a maximum lifted height. This of course plays into a new "leash requirement". Could be a good new revenue opportunity for event management - Rent a Leash.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
HahaNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow