Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
acandelaphoto
New MemberPosts: 12
Like?
5D looking to upgrade, but indecisive..looking for feedback
Mar 3, 2013

I currently own the Canon 5D (before the "mark series") of which I have been using for 1.5yrs. (2nd owner). I'm seriously considering upgrading to either one of the Canon FF 1Ds cameras, 5D MarkIV, or simply switching over to one of the Nikon FX cameras.

My CONSTANT fight with the 5D is noise/banding and sharpness.I use the camera for the most part under varying lighting conditions. I do concert photography where I need SPEED, HIGH ISO for DETAIL and LOW TO NO NOISE. I have a Canon 24-105 3.5 which is my overall lens.

This camera has been killing me with the amount of time I've spent to correct banding and noise, etc. I know this isn't the best camera to use for action/differing lighting scenarios, but this is what I have and I need a change. I'm looking for a camera that will allow me to use it on location (fashion, people, travel) and studio (fashion/portraits). I like to take into account about the investment I will be making. I'd like to have a camera that is a workhorse, and it's longevity on the market isn't a quick  turnaround like some of the prosumer cameras. I know technology is moving quickly and would like to find that "special camera" that can hold it's own. I hope this doesn't sound so ego-minded. I'm a stickler for detail and would like to have myself take care of the technical issues in camera instead of spending time in PS to correct these issues.

I greatly appreciate your feedback and will add more detail to anyone's inquiry. Also if anyone has the newer Nikon FX cameras I'd like to hear your experience.

Sincerely,

A

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1Ds
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow