X100 / X100s responsiveness

Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
Ezra R
Senior MemberPosts: 2,270Gear list
Like?
Re: X100 / X100s responsiveness
In reply to John Roy, Mar 3, 2013

Hi. Based on everything you wrote, get an X100S asap.

I borrowed a Leica X1 last year and found it unbearably slow. Even though I was not shooting sports, etc. It is completely unacceptable. Yes, it produces stunning images, but you will miss WAY more than tolerable.

So I got an X100 (before FW updates).... meh, slow. After FW updates, it is snappier.

Sold the 100 and now own an X100S. The X100S is everything you want -- I was in the same shoes as you. Image quality is superb and responsiveness is insanely fast. Both on-board internalls, as well as fast AF. Absolutely stunning images.

Do not even think twice. Stop all your research. Sell your firstborn and go get this X100S.

Here is a link to my X100S set on Flickr with a hundred regular, real world photos taken under 99% of the conditions for the average consumer photographer: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ezra36/sets/72157632869297786/

Here are just a few from that set:

Ezra R's gear list:Ezra R's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow