Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chupa37
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
best bang for the buck camera system for image qaility alone
Mar 3, 2013

I want to upgrade my camera system. I do not have enough invested in my current system to make moving to another brand a big deal. All I want is the best image quality I can afford.

I currently have a d300s. I am thinking of either selling the D300s and combining the proceeds with my tax return and getting a D3 (around 2 grand used) or getting a sony nex 7, perusing the nikon d7100. Maybe there is a better solution then these.

I mostly manual focus for my main photography anyway, but being able to AF quickly for my hobby photography would be very nice (birds in flight).

I like the idea of getting up in megapixels in case I ever have to print big.

I do sell my images on getty so being able to produce large images would be nice (plus I never know who might want a very large image).

The main thing though is best bang for the buck image quality camera! I know lenses play a big role in that but I think the image quality of my d300s is long in the tooth.

Nikon D3 Nikon D300S Nikon D7100 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow