Pocket Wizards dont fir consistently

Started Feb 14, 2013 | Discussions thread
Jacques Cornell
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,160Gear list
Like?
Sold my Flex/Mini for 3 sets of Phottix Stratos
In reply to kaholt, Mar 3, 2013

I shoot Canon 1-series, and my biz partner shoots Nikon D700/D800, and we both wrestled with those little buggers for a long time before we gave up in exasperation and replaced them with Phottix Stratos. The Stratos pass through TTL to the on-camera flash, but not to the remote flash. I always use my remote flashes in manual mode, so I don't miss wireless TTL. The Stratos just work. Always. They take regular AAA batteries. They're claimed to reach 300', and I've never bumped into a range limit in the large ballrooms and conference halls where I often work, up to at least 100'. And, at $100 per set, I paid less for three transmitters and three receivers than I did for one Mini and one Flex. Good riddance. My partner recently made the switch, and every time he comes back from a gig, he tells me what a relief it is to have something he knows is going to work.

My experience with the regular PWs was always good. It's the Flex & Mini in particular that seem problematic.

-- hide signature --

'No matter where you go, there you are.'

Jacques Cornell's gear list:Jacques Cornell's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow